Thursday, March 22, 2007

Attack of the 'Landers

This weekend is the big Bachelor Party bash. I'm fortunate that I've got some NYC-based friends coming on back with me to show them the pleasures of the diviest of dive bars, The Fabulous North Bend Hotel. While I would have liked to have something at camp (weather isn't permitting), I do love that bar. The way the roof sags just so and the smell of stale beer and nicotine from generations of daytime-drinking alcoholics just spells C-H-A-R-M. Plus, at night the place clears out quickly (maybe the daytime crowd passes out early?), it has a cheap pool table, a good jukebox, cheap beer, a touch trivia machine, and Phyllis. What more could you ask for? ... One thing you shouldn't ask for is a mixed drink, unless you want a good laugh.

No comments: