Sunday, March 4, 2007

Movin' On Up

Much like the Jeffersons before them, I know a whole batch of folks who are movin' on up. Both of my brothers have scored new jobs that will make their lives and lifestyles much better. John has left the big-city life behind and is settling into some Amish-influenced living in Lancaster and Keith is now management (jeez, who woulda thunk he is management material??) and will, reportedly, have a home life during the week.

My former co-worker and an all around good guy, Dustin (the dude who created the cartoonish version of me that graces this page) is leaving the demolition site that is Adventure Publishing and has decided to actually get paid for writing promo copy in the world of advertising.

And last, and certainly not least, Marnie will be leaving the never-ending hamsterwheel that is her current job and is going in-house at UBS. I'm really excited at this opportunity because she has been trying to break into the world of in-house for quite some time. Hopefully, I'll even be able to see her during the week on a regular basis...with this extra time in store, I just hope she doesn't get sick of me before I can make an honest woman of her!

Congrats to these folks. These new opportunities couldn't have happened to better, more-deserving people.

No comments: